OSHC….
Overseas student’s health cover
Took me awhile to say OSHC fast and correct.
I think it’s a rip off! It’s not just the name that’s bothering me. They make us, international students, pay like mad! Then stay quiet for the whole year and then WHAM!!! charge us again the next year.
We have to pay so darn much and not get anything back from it. I think it’ll only be worth it if I fall sick now or get myself a minor surgery done, so I can go get back my $300 health cover, or else it’ll b put to waste…. again!
I didn’t use any of it last year and I think it was more than RM700!!! Killer la… come, someone, anyone!!! Break my leg and send me to the hospital.
The thing about Adelaide’s hospital (note: I think there’s only one…), they only tend to u if ur case is a matter of life and death. U’re already hurting our wallets so badly now u wanna play with our emotions and our lives!?! Too much la.
But then again… the service is good (so I heard). Very pro~
Well, bottom line is I’m broke, insured and painfully (in money sense) alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
er...actually there is Lyell McEwin, Flinders Medical Centre, Modbury Hospital and also Queen Liz....plus the other private "better quality" ( = more payment/bills) hospital like the Burnside, Wakefield, etc... : ) Juz tot u wanna know....
oh ya...the service in RAH (if that's the hospital you are referring to), well they did not pass the Emergency Unit's auditing...yep, very pro and good service they say
woahhhh... i didnt know that.
probably i SHOULD get sick or hurt... hahah
thx christina!
So we're worth more money when we're sick than when we're healthy? How tragic. Heh ;)
Someone once mentioned that we can get referrals for some annual medical checkup/tests and get OHSC to cover it. Haven't tried, but could do that if you want to get your money's worth (better check out which ones are covered too, just in case).
And you've got a cool blog! :)
~Grace
wahhh, i didnt know!!! thx girls, not gonna lose out on this.
Post a Comment