Have u heard of the story called ‘Little Women’?
Well, according to wikipedia, it’s the story of a few girls who lived through the American civil war.
I remember reading it when I was young…. Didn’t like the story so I didn’t finish it (too boring… no monsters or dragons…).
But annnnnywayzzz…
I’m talking about Little Women cuz lately, the house has been something like that.
My grandpa’s sis (goopoh) and mandy’s mom (ah yee) came to stay and they’ve been having cooking, shopping, sewing and mah jong sprees lately, together with my aunt who I stay with (dai yee).
Though it all revolves around mandy and her engagement party tmr (minus the mah jong part), mandy is feeling quite left out already, heehee… oh well, she gets a wedding dress and lots of food for the party, so she shall just sit back and relax.
As for me… I learnt how to bake, fry, slice, dice, grill, mix, fold, peel, steal, kill and destroy! Hahaha… jkjk.... Well, we were making char xiu baos, curry puffs, Vietnamese fish cake, n apple butter cakes yesterday. So noisy. So girly. So ‘Little Women’.
There are pros and cons to them being around.
Pros:
-we get to feast when guests are here. We had chicken rice; char xiu, xiu yook fan; wonton mee; tom yam flavoured stir-fries; steak; cakes; pies; roasted duck etc etc.
-I can skip cooking-Mondays and let them enjoy themselves in the kitchen.
Cons:
-I get fat and become lazy
So should you or should u not let ur aunts enter ur zone? I’ll leave that decision to my future husband who will have the chance to try out the cakes and tarts I’ll bake for him.
Oh ya btw, my aunt promised me to leave all the cook books and recipe files to me in her will, so that I can inherit her legacy. Hahah… fingers crossed she has enuf money to send my testers to hospital for food poisoning also ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment