This year I thought it wud seriously be a quiet one cuz my bday falls on the “bz for assignments” season so I would not want to trouble my friends in gently dipping me in bak kut the soup to celebrate my bday. But guess what, they continue to surprise me every single time. Biggest thank u note I wanna send out is to huey chi who put so much effort in making my day super special. Though her plans to sabo me sort of failed, but its ok, it’s the heart that counts, hahaha… read about it here. And another brownie point goes to Indian desserts put together to form a cake on my 19th bday? Well this year, it’s as unique as that. Heheh, I had chocolate pancake with a sparkler on top as my cake and a kookaburra that laughs at me. As qian said: “Some spaz moves from uncle Sam 'dancing in the moonlight', homer simpson (who wants my keys or it wont shut up), the Manglish Bible talk, pancakes, anti-wrinkle cream, a cinapek, a "vietnamese", loads of laughs, berbanyak-banyak leng luis, and a baldie, with a bonus viewing of the wall of matchbox-cars, who could ask for more”
I really cant ask for more. Huey chi even did something else in prayer meeting for me! Hhahaha, she just HAS to sabo me.
To share the joy, I promise to learn bass with zeal and play it with passion. I dedicate those 2 cool thingamajiggies to the One who blessed me with friends who blessed me with them, and I shall name them Michiele and Gabriele after the 2 archangels, Michael &Gabriel. Idea by ming. Modification by esther, mindy and james. I wanted girl names for them, and to jazz things up, u hv to say it this way: mee-kee-ell & gay-bree-ell with air and force from diaphragm (keep practicing). Soon, I would hope to be known as Jez the bassist! And not Jez the one who claims to be a bassist but cant play it for nuts.
Well, I’m super happy for friends like these who wud know the right button to press to see me laugh, smile, choke or cry (I almost cried when I saw the chic and almost glowing black bass amp in the box when ming set it on the table in front of the clueless me). These are the people who I’d think is worth living my life till 20 and am awfully excited about the coming days I will spend with them even when the space for candles on the cake runs out and when I hv no breath to blow them out (well, there’s always sparklers that’ll die off by itself).
Thank you all SOOOO much!!!!!!

3 comments:
U r welcome Jez! Haha! A lot of other ppl were also accomplices 4 ur bday. =) Glad u had a great time.
Ahahah! like i said, it was worth every cent to see the look on your face! hehe... and uh... what indian desserts? =p I quite blur... hehe...
it was last year, qian... dun think i knew u then. u can check out the pix i hv in multiply that i posted thru a link in this post =)
Post a Comment