Sunday, July 22, 2007

sappy bench

What do u get when u come across a fish and an elephant?


Swimming trunks!


What do u get when u come across a park bench and a darn sappy conversation in a movie?


A crying jez!

I dunno y…. movies with scenes of park benches will make me cry. Why on earth do they choose the park?! Why the long bench?! Why do I cry?!

To name a few that I watched lately [Finding Neverland- Johnny Depp spoke to the little boy on the bench], [Good Will Hunting- Robin Williams spoke to Matt Damon on the bench], [Forest Gump- need I say more?]…
There was even a scene in Grey’s anatomy season 3 epi 25, Nazi was on a bench with George…. Wahhhh… I was like… “ok this is not a sad scene, its in a freaking hospital, not in a park! not crying... NNNot crying!”

Of course… not ALL scenes with benches in the park make me cry. Like when a scene is about drunkards who wee next to the bin beside a park bench. Not sappy but crappy...

There has to be an emotional build up, a good conversational and better still-- it’ll trigger the tears if the characters are of little kids or old grand-dudes with shaky voices.

But actually, park benches brings back memories of nonstop Futurama and FRIENDS with horny, slurping up cup noodles in the midst of our pile of books.

Oh and also the time I had to spend the nite on a bench with shua (different benches of course) cuz we had no place to go when we went back packing to inti nilai.

Anyhoot, that was quite random… yet! I do not hv to apologize for my randomness. Its jz the way this site shud run. On pure randomness.

all hail emo movies with benches!

2 comments:

dikos said...

Random Law in Australia:

It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.

jezamine said...

?!?!?!?

in all parts of australia?

thats a cool law...