Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Fringe

Adelaide Fringe—a festival help once in two years(lately I think they changed it to an annual thingy). It’s a major event happening now since 24th Feb till 19th March. Things will be held everywhere in the city. Movies, stand up comedies, basking, talent performances, etc etc. so far I’ve seen dancing sky (twice), the jazz musical garden, the stand up comedy(which I found the jokes pretty good, but most of them are about sex, n they used the F word a lot—I think ppl here take it easily with that), and basker along rundle mall juggling chainsaws that were turned on.
This was taken at the botanical garden during the jazz musical. I love the lady’s vocals, and the keyboardist, bassist, and drummer…. I love jazz. I fell asleep under the tree and had a sun burn. Ppl jz go there with their picnic sets, and start enjoying jazz with their family. I went with Mandy n her bf(Duane) and his family. (look wat a good spot light i was....) check out the double bass. its jz a stick. its called a stick guitar. hahha, chun man....
After that we went to Elders park for the Dancing Sky(which I’ve already seen the nite b4 with dai yee n uncle Jason but we didn’t get good seats). We reached the park at 5-ish, and waited for the show that starts at 9. (the crowd)The park was filled with picnic sets at about 8, and the aussies said they’ve never seen so many ppl in Adelaide b4. I tot it was normal cuz I’ve seen larger crowds than this. But really, it was a nice site when ppl will jz come n sit down in such a civilized manner. The when the show started, everyone’s mouth jz hung open. It was a performance by ppl from torino, and they hung ppl in the sky and they’d dance in mid air. They had a story behind it but no one quite catch the flow of it though.
Performances here are great! Ppl will start doing funny things like do a head stand in the bank, or crawl in a bus, or sing soprano in the streets…. They call it art. In msia, they call it insanity.
these are round rubber balls in the sky with human beings dancing AROUND it, also in the sky... this was also in the sky!(cant take nicer pix cuz they're moving n its quite high up)
this was not in the sky, but on the river, with a girl, dancing INSIDE the ball

3 comments:

JosH said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

In the ball?????sounds to me like a hamster haha..so geng man they all..come up with so many creative stuff..

Anonymous said...

same thing on the ball josh! i was like... WOA!!! hey jez if NUS didn't accept me i might really go to Adelaide!!! and i mean it! it was really great meeting the people from the Aust unis...

but i gotta say the sky dancing was AWESOME!!! THUMBS UP!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool!
Really hope that i was there,i think i will really enjoyed my time there,
what a festival!(which it will never exist in Malaysia....T_T)

Hope those performace out there can spare u from those tension of stress u're facing,atleast for a short while..
Enjoy yourself!

that's what Arts for~~relax~~ =)