Monday, March 27, 2006

-lesson learnt-

There’s always a first time to everything, n I had a lot of 1st times these days.

And since the experience is still fresh in my head, I shall delay no more.

I attended evening service this week cuz mandy was serving as keyboardist, and I followed her. So after service, we headed to a restaurant called Bo journo with duane(he so happen to come by so he stayed for the service and dinner too). So after dinner, he went his own way and we went our way. So as mandy was driving she accidentally miss a turn, n we got a little lost. Then after finding our sense of direction, we needed to like, make a u-turn to get back on track. So after the traffic light, she took a turn, n we went on happily, planing to watch some FRIENDS b4 bed.

Suddenly! I saw this car flashing at us from behind. I tot our back lights weren’t working or something, but then there were red and blue flashing lights also, and I went ‘oh shoot…’ I think that turn was a huge mistake. The cops were following close, but no siren… I asked mandy to pull aside anyhow. So she did, n a lady stepped out from the flashy car and the trembling mandy wined down the window. The 1st thing I saw was the gun nicely placed in the case, slung around her waist. Though she wasn’t in her uniform, it was obvious that she was a cop. She asked for license and stuff, then she got back to her male partner in the car. Though she was very nice and all, but we were so scared man!!! Praying so hard that its gonna b ok.

I was jz worried if they’d give us a fine. Then it’ll b tuff for us to fish up that money… mandy was jz scared that uncle Jason would chop her head off and put it in the beef stew for tmr’s dinner. All I cud do then was to say positive stuff to comfort her, but it wasn’t working.

Finally the lady came back n told us that the u-turn was illegal, so as I thought, and same goes to all other traffic lights. With or without a [no u-turn] sign, it is still NO U-TURN!!! And for crying out loud, y on earth are the police working on a Sunday evening where there’s the closing ceremony of the commonwealth games to watch tonite?!

Anywayz, God had mercy on us, she jz gave us a warning letter, and no fine (which she told us in the most as-a-matter-of-fact-way that it costs AD180++ for a ticket!!!!)
This totally killed the mood for everything…so no FRIENDS tonite.

It was indeed my 1st experience of being stopped by a police when I’m in a moving vehicle. I think mandy’s not gonna drive again in a long long time, and I’m gonna hv this phobia of u-turns again.

6 comments:

I am Marcuz said...

hahaha....

when the lady officer comes, n mandy wines down the window.. do the roar thing... haha... just to c what will happen...











dont listen to me...

Anonymous said...

marcuz... you're giving BAD BAD ideas... =P

jez, good thing everything went well and you and mandy didn't get fined. ~phew~

real scary... close call... be careful next time... on a lighter note, had fun before the cops thingy? ;)

jezamine said...

well, not much of a fun thing to be hungry after church service. everyone was like "ullhhhh, i'm so tired.." n i'm like "ullhhh, i'm having gastric pains..."
then this girl came n sold me froggy chocs!! haha, it was for fundraising but i bought it to save my own life.
then i chatted with the leng chai from church! hehee.. we were both munching down froggy chocs and talking with chocolate stains on our teeth... (wat a thing to do infront of a leng chai)

JosH said...

Heyy.. Dun follow yih hon's advice!!!!!hahaha...

But it will be interesting to see what happens...

It would either be :

1. You scare her off

2. She takes to Hospital Gembira in Australia

But actually its illegal to make a U-turn at a traffic light EVEN in Malaysia..You can only do that when there is a signboard..But who cares here??????

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehehehehuhuhuhuhuhuhuhohohohohohoho.....harharharhar...soooo funny!!!!!!!...hehehehahahahaahahaa..haaah....haaah...aaa!!!!!...my goodnesssss!!!

jezamine said...

errr, wats happened to u guys? some crazy virus merebak in kl and camerons?
hehhee