The weather is not smiling today. As much as I’d like to be outside, I’m glad I get to jz sit at home and watch Scrubs all day. When the weather is not nice, it’s REALLY not nice. But when it’s good, u have every single reason to be out and about. Just like last weekend when I got to be in a fun fair called Royal Adelaide Show. Apparently it’s been around for hundreds of years and this happens once a year only. I didn’t do a lot of things which I shud hv done in the fair, but I had a jolly good time =)

It was rather hard moving in a group of 12, ppl joined in and left the group once in awhile, but it showed me how much we need friends. I may have all the money in the world to be spent in the fair, but if no one plays with me, I’m as pathetic as the Bart Simpson stuffed toy hanging upside down from the booth which I so wanted to get one for myself.
I got myself a Nova showbag, a free facepainting, a head-gear for the day—a fluffy halo, 5 donuts (I shared it), and a $1 600ml Farmer’s Union Coffee. Woohooooo!!! I lost all the games I played, still trying to win Bart down from the stand. I went in and out of jail and was killing James with my screams (Prison Break “ride”—something like haunted house). I saw little piggies race for ntg, and jump into a pool of water, swim across to the other side where the man who looked like a butcher in white suit gave them their treat. I stroked alpacas (something like llamas, except with more fur) and horny goats. I even got to chase the alpacas back into their cage (hahah, someone let it out and the alpacas roamed around the barn… I think they were as tall as me =p). I saw crazy young boys do their stunts on bikes like it’s so simple (who ever invented Motorcross?!), I was amazed… I had a stick of carrot for dinner. I saw big men with beards drive bulldozers and make them dance around. Yes, seriously… those trucks were dancing!!! And I saw fireworks with my mouth open, wishing I cud watch it with Timmy. I won’t mind even if I had to watch the fireworks thru the reflection of it in his eyes…. I walked around still hoping to get a Bart, but the lady wud only sell it to me for $40. No way hozay.
Next year, I’d do it all over again. This experience unleashed the child within me. It was nice to be a kid again. Now that I know what to do and wat not to do in Royal Adelaide Show, I’ll enjoy myself even more next time I’m sure. I’d go for rides, walk thru the jubilee hall, look at colourful baby chicks, go on a camel ride, go there from morning and stay till nite, and go with exciting ppl ;)
ps... we had a group pic taken but it didnt turn out good. cant see our faces... anyways, here're more pix

No comments:
Post a Comment