Sunday, June 22, 2008

moon talk



Lying flat between my comfy bed and my thick quilt, I gazed out my window as the bright full moon was the only thing I could see, contrasting the ink black night sky. I smiled. At the thoughts that floated in my head. I smiled.

Consider the moon. It’s comparatively smaller than other known planets and stars. Yet regardless of its size, it still does what it was made to do.

Consider us. We’re comparatively smaller than high powered nations as a singular being. Yet regardless of our inferiority, we still are called to do what we were made to do.

In the darkness of the night, the moon reflects nothing else, but the the fiery blaze from the sun.

In the darkness of the world, we should reflect nothing else, but the glorious radiance from out Creator.

Though the amount of light shone by the moon can never be compared with what the sun can do, it still faithfully does its best in reflecting.

Shining a light not of its own but of something greater.

I pray that I may be like the moon, reflecting the glory of God, in any way I possibly can, and do what I was made to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei Jezz.. Just open up my msn and saw your url. So, I came over and have a look and post something here!
Nice blog.. ;) Please post more often..

jezamine said...

hey patsy, nice of u to drop by. i'll try n post more =p i've been so slack in this lately...

see u in class!