Catharsis = the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, esp. through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.
As how my lecturer put it, it’s like a calamity that causes one to be free from an emotional bondage.
Aiyah... say la ‘cry’.
Anyhoot, about a month ago, I fell sick. Terribly sick. The last time I fell so sick was when I was admitted to the hospital with high fever, gastric pains and a curled up body, almost like a whinging prawn. I was 8 then. I guess it’s a tradition for my body to have a major fall in every decade of my life.
This, I would say, was quite a cathartic experience for me. Being sick is one issue. Being sick away from mommy is as bad as rain when your car tyre has gone flat.
So how was this a cathartic encounter? I blubbered, whimpered, snivelled, and wept. Yes... I cried till I could feel the body aches and headaches swivel away in shame. I guess that’s the active feat of ‘purging of the emotions’.
I’m glad the turmoil is over. Never again will I sleep and be ‘one’ with the couch for 2 days straight! Well, at least not in this house for sure.
‘cuz I’m moving out this Saturday. Going to the west. Away from my fellow comrades who supported me physically, mentally and emotionally when I was sick without mommy around. Deep down inside of me, I’ll always be an east sider (I’ll say this again when I post something about moving).
This whole moving thing may be another cathartic season for me. Yet, the end result will be good. Always has been and always will be.
[ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's a very matching verse for your situation right now!..
Post a Comment