Friday, January 30, 2009

oh look! an egg is cooking on the pavement!

I guess I don’t need to say much for updates. The only main thing that’s been going on here in little Adelaide is the crazy ass HEAT (with a capital EAT).

It successfully whacked most of us crazy. We can sleep naked at night and still sweat. Lowest of 36 Celsius and a whopping 44 Celsius high for one whole week. Wahlau…. BEH TA HAN!!!

Maybe they should consider changing the country’s name from Australia to EXtralia. Cuz it has such extremes! My goodness… it can be super cold (and still no snow), and super hot (and still no sandstorm).

I’ve always thought the summer season does not last long and it’ll pass really soon. But Amanda reminded me yesterday that it’s cuz I always go back to Malaysia during summer and I kinda avoid the hot drag of the month. And I was like… oh crap. U mean I’ve to go thru the full swing of it this time?!?!?! Noooooooooo….

Oh well, but at least I got to skip some parts of winter, heheh… I managed to escape 3 weeks of cold with the Basils to the northern hemisphere. Nyahahah…

So now, I’m sleeping with Ruby in the dinning hall with the aircon (almost like our life support machine). Huey chi… u lucky girl… u just dodged the heat week!!!

All I can wish u now is ‘stay cool’ and ‘chill mate… chill’.

No comments: