I think it’s a bad idea to have a weighing machine in your bathroom. Especially if it’s a digital one.
I’ve been weighing myself every singing time I walk into my bathroom, just to see if I’m still having mass. I find it so amazing how my body reacts to my food intake. I can be 1 full kg heavier after a sumptuous meal. And be 2.1kg different from yesterday’s weight. It’s so odd!!!
And remember how my friends gave me a bunch of celery? Well, what else can I do with it but to eat all of them right? So I’ve been having them healthy sticks in almost every lunch and dinner. I’ve also learnt that stir frying the leafy part does not make it taste better.
Since that celery frenzy, the digital number on the scale has been scaring me more and more every time I walk into the bathroom. I know I consistently gain 1kg per year since I came to Australia, so the measurements should stick to that number, or at least just a few decimal points around that figure, for the whole year. But this time…. It went all the way back to my weight in my 1st year here. Crap!! So much for trying to gain weight so I can donate blood.
I got a little worried, so I consulted Mr. Google (don’t ask me why I gave Google a gender). I found out that celery has negative calories. Which means… (nutritionist, I might be wrong here, but I’d like to think of it this way) that the amount of energy used to digest and poop celery is more than what it can give u. so more fat will be burnt after eating celery, hence my weight loss.
Thank goodness I finished that bunch of celery, and I now can move on with my plans to gain weight. I reckon I’ll steer clear from celery for awhile now. Yet, I still think I should pay less attention to the white digital machine on the tiled bathroom floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment