U jz wont believe what happened to me today. A lot of unexpected things jz kept occurring one after another.
I got a call last nite from a long lost friend. N I suggested we meet up, then she said “how bout tmr?” n I had to echo an “OK!” without thinking… well, I basically dun mind meeting up with jen (my form one class mate), jz that I’ve been out for almost everyday n I’ve no more cash to spend out there…
Anywayz, I went out with her today n ….I dunno y…I dragged Terrence along. I’ve not personally hung out with this guy b4. was in the same tuition class with him, then got his online contact. He said he wanted to get out from his home so I asked him to join also la… long story… so when I introduced jen to Terrence, turned out that they took the same course in college, jz from different intakes. N there I was worrying that they wont get along.
So we had lunch at mcDs (starting to get sick of the food there). After chatting for some time, I noticed that I’m a totally different person compared to the both of them. They claim that it’s the kampong life in nilai that turned me into some weird alien like me. I doubt it… I think its more of who I mix with, the people around me that shapes who I really am. We chatted for a while more n they decided to go for a round of pool. I must say that that’s the 2nd last place I’d be in when I’m in mid valley. (the 1st wud b the medical centre) so blindly I said ‘alright’ n went along with them to the smoky place above the line of people in queue for movie tix.
I confessed that pool is not my type of game, so I’ll watch. Terrence insisted that I played… n turned out that I wasn’t lying. Soon, jen had to leave so I thought “wat the heck… since I’m here, I’ll give it more shots” n challenge Terrence. After all the bye byes, I played with lady luck on my side. I managed to beat him, n we left the smoky, n by that time, freezing place.
Met up with shua after leaving the freezer, n introduced terrence to shua. Turned out that both of them had a thing for guitars n started talking about it with me oh-so-cluelessly standing beside them. But I was cool bout it, at least they had something in common. Made me realize that if u had something in common, it’d b so easy to strike a conversation , n not as hard as wat I faced earlier on (jen does not watch tv, does not play sports, does not remember who was who in class back then, n lives a totally different life as I’m in now)
Well, I am who I am, n I love it. I love my life rite now, jz staying at home, helping mom out in her so called ‘spring cleaning’, calling up old friends jz to meet up n survive on a deficit basis, going out with my aunt n listening to her babble about health n Korean soap dramas, planning with dad regarding my visas n air tix to aus…. It’s not bad. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
looks like you had an excellent time! that girl jen reminds of me. since i'm the kind of person who would be yor classmate for 5 long years and i can't even remember your name. can't help it... i remember faces, suck at names...
yup, when there's a common thingy, there's always conversations! take care gurl!
Post a Comment