Saturday, February 04, 2006

digging own grave

Leaving is something that’s so hard to do. I’m going thru something that’s harder than that. Not only I have to leave the people who mean so much to me, I hv to go thru the hassle to make sure everything’s done so that I can leave msia… it’s like digging ur own grave hole.
I’ve been pretty bz with the preparations and stuff, till I’ve no time for a lot of things. Plus! There were miscommunications here and there, getting myself in heaps of migraines. I thought Idp shud b of great help in helping me dig my grave, mana tau they were slower then me in getting my uni info for enrolment! I got my student ID from my dai yee last week and enrolled for my classes on the same day… and Idp jz sent me an email regarding my ID today… aduh…
Well, I had to go thru a medical check up for Australian high commission to approve me of my student visa. Went to Idp on a Monday to collect the medi cert, but the system was down, so had to go back the next day. So I went on the Tuesday, got the cert, did the medi checkup but something went wrong, n I had to get back on a thurs! for 3 days I had to wake up at 6am, follow my dad to his office, wait for him to finish his morning briefing, then he’ll help me with all those stuff. Felt bad for him, cuz it was kinda distracting. But then I hv a super dad! So he da best!!! Oh ya, I also discovered something pretty cool. I met a few Indian nurses during that few days, n I realized most of them cud speak better Cantonese than me. Geng man! Never think they don’t understand u n go talking bad about them in Cantonese in front of them. It aint gonna b a good site after that…
Another thing that I was worrying that time was whether the report wud b sent to aus high com in time to produce me a visa b4 the 6th. Idp said their record of the fastest visa approval was in 3 days, but praise God, I got mine in a day!!! Wohhoo… shua, ur prayers aren’t working now, muahahah…
Ok, so the paper work and the mah fan miscellaneous procedures done—now for the hardest part…. To pack!!!! Cant stuff everything in that little luggage of mine. Well, other than a super dad, I also hv a super mom who was a tour leader in her younger days, so she’s a pro in packing, so I’ll leave that to her.
I’m so gonna miss my family. Mom, dad, n my little sis. I’m gonna miss the way she hugs me every time I come home from nilai. Now I only get to hv that hug once a year, or maybe longer.
Going to further my studies in Australia is a darn terrific opportunity for me, but I’ll never forget about the sacrifices my parents did for me. Their time, energy, and MONEY! It ain’t cheap, n that gives me a lot of pressure. A LOT! My dad said he dun mind if I get aussie-fied when I come back, but if I fail in my studies, I’m gonna b crucified! And my mom also reminded me not to get in a relationship there, ‘it’s gonna ruin ur life!’ says she.
On the whole, I’m not scared about studying abroad. If u know me well enuf, u shud know better. Its jz the pressure that drives me off a little sometimes. But knowing that I’m supported, even internationally, I’ll still stay sane all the time.
So miss me people! Miss me… cuz everyone I know here in msia will definitely b missed by miss Jezamine Chan Yee Ai! *muax*

2 comments:

Timo said...

We'll miss you too!! Hugs!

I am Marcuz said...

safe journeys Jez...

many ppl here will surely miss u lots...

take care...

be safe...

look after urself...

God Bless!!!