Monday, February 27, 2006

final tour blog

Something left undone… my blog about Adelaide tour. It was the 3rd day in Adelaide, n it was my mom’s bday, and last day of cny. A special day indeed. Jz wanna blog bout it b4 I 4get where I’ve been in ade.

I got up early that day cuz mandy made me walk to Linear Park with her. It was a park near the house, n I think I seriously need to stay fit if I keep eating cheese n bread almost everyday. N so I walked, n walked, n felt that it was like a never ending park. Apparently this park stretches all the way with the Torrens river to the city! Chi sin… anyways, that walk took us 45 mins, came back to the smell of bacon n ham… they were having the bbq set up in the backyard n we had crispy bacon n eggs and sausages ….n Cant remember wat else…

After that we went to uncle michael’s hse to go for the tour together with his whole family. We stopped at Summer Town to pluck apples from an orchard (dunno who the owner was, heheh, but the apples were not ripe, so cant take any back)

Then we went to Uraidla. A place where the building were super old fashion. So retro…. Awesome. we walked in a market place where they sold cool stuff, like lemon grass oil, ‘ham’ bags, oat chewy with honey and raisins…. Weird combination rite? Anyways, we then went to this fair where they had it in conjunction to All British Day. It was a big field, filled with old vintage cars from Britain. Really cool. Dad was drooling all the way. We spotted datuk’s car (datuk is my grandfather, n his car is the Austin something something… which he’s still using it)

After getting burnt with hot cars, we went to Hahndorf—the German town in Adelaide. We had lunch in the park there, then we walked around that chun town. It was jz one main road, with 2 rows of german shops along it. There was this shop which sold kangaroo scrotums and lots of funny stuff, like funny readable t-shirts, funny cup holders…

Later, we got to visit a chocolate factory in Woodside, called Melba’s choc. It was rather old and used up, but the chocs were fine as it was. There were piles and piles of chocs in that place. We bought some marshmallows for bbq in the evening.

Yeap, more bbq…. After dinner, we had a lou sang thing together with uncle michael’s family. We brought the lou sang set from msia, hehe… (memang true Chinese ppl) then we had a cut cake ceremony for mom. I think this was her best birthday party with her family. I cud see that she was overjoyed.

thats it, no more entries bout my tours. cuz parents n sis left.... missing them alot now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woa... i was laughing real hard when u wrote 'chi sin' right after the torres river thingy... it was so point blank! and then the kangarro scrotums really blew me away... the note on the tree was super chun!!!

oh ya happy belated bday to your mom!!! ^^ missing ya...