Tuesday, May 23, 2006

something stupid

I just did a stupid thing today (not on purpose). I kinda miss doing stupid stuff, but those stupid stuff are classified under “doing stupid stuff intentionally with other ppl who can laugh about it with u” category.

So on this normal autumn’s day, I did my usual stuff… lazed around then headed for uni. I was somehow running late cuz I watched an extra episode of FRIENDS which was not as planned. So I rushed out, slipped on a pair of thongs (slippers /flip-flops) grabbed the jacket aunty ivy gave me and hurried to the bus stop.

Fortunately I didn’t miss the bus. Unfortunately, it was violently cold outside even though the sun was shinning. The jacket was good in keeping me warm but its not a wind breaker… so I turned to ice every time a breeze swept by.

And oh yeah… my feet… it like I wasn’t walking cuz I couldn’t feel my feet. I was jz moving but I didn’t know wat made me reposition myself forward… if one toe of mine fell off, I wouldn’t even notice…

Things didn’t go that bad once I went into the kaf (that’s how the uni spells cafeteria… and they call themselves a uni). No wind. Only the greasy smell from the chips.

After class, I had to catch a bus home, cuz dai yee’s not here to pick me up from uni… my friends n I were shivering at the bus stop, yet trying not to drop the boring conversation on our oral presentation. “winter’s not that bad actually. It only gets nasty when u’re caught by the rain, all drenched in rain water, and the wind blows directly at u… man… u’ll b freezing ur ballz off!” was what my OZ-born-hongkee friend said.

So at about 5.40pm, I reached bus stop 41. I quickened my pace to get home as fast as I cud, focusing my thoughts on ramli burger (someone reminded me of the existence of that high skool luxury- u know who u r). It was 10 degrees Celsius and the sun was no where to b seen then. Of all things… y did I slip on thongs?!?!? Sheesh!

Anyhow, many thanks goes to uncle Jason who bought a heater for Mandy and I. I guess its his fatherly instinct to get us one for our room cuz we’ve been going out to the lounge to stick close to the fire place (the heater runs on gas, not on coal) I should hv thought twice about me being a full-blooded Malaysian and cant tahan the cold much, so I shud wrap up more layers before setting my foot out from the house, but the heater jz took that thought away from me today….

3 comments:

I am Marcuz said...

hahaha....

i think it would take a longer time for girls to freeze their balls off than guys loh.... hahaha...

reminded my of "serving Sara"... yes?

haha... eh i got good news...

im playing for inti frisbee team as runner again... haha... looks like i need to build up my game, tournaments are coming n i wanna win... woohooo....

oh ya, ashley went to a wedding lah not got married... haih... but then she told me she's engage... argh... im soooo dunno-what-to-think-rite-now...

dont wear thongs...(yay, no thongs)

stay warm...

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

the freeze-your-balls-off was funny. applicable for guys only unless you wanna count the girl's melons. =P just read a manga about that joke, that's why.

anyway, looks like i gotta get myself warmed up too! hm, wear shoes when you got out or you get frost bites.

wa finally you and mandy got a heater! now you won't need to freeze in your sleep. ^^

the oz terms are cool!

JosH said...

Hahaha..Thongs...So charmm...Jez, I know how you feel. I was practically frozen in Taylor's Multi Purpose Hall..But that wasn't due to stupidity..Haihh Male Ego...