| Seriously… I really am working. Like… serious work work. To start off with, I must praise God for giving me this chance to work. Mandy told me that its not easy getting a job here in Adelaide, especially if u’ve no work-experience. But believe it or not, I got thru in my 1st ever job interview to work at Subways® last Monday, and now I’m working (casual) at the subway in Adelaide City Plaza, below David Jones. Yes I was planning to work… but didn’t know it cud come to me so soon. Mandy saw this ad on the newspaper n asked me to try it out, so I gave it a shot and I got it. The interview was funny… ask me bout it if u wanna know more. I never worked b4. actually… I hv… I worked for 3 months in taman midah lutheran church after spm for 5 bux an hour(I think). But that was different. All I had to do was pick up calls, Xerox stuff, fax stuff, type out songs into power point... Plus, that time I had a chance to do those stuff with my best church buddy, Sandra, and ppl in church are generally very nice…. They cant get mad at u in the house of God =p But this time, it’s the real thing. This is where the word ‘tough’ get thrown at ur face. This is where the angelic music and the misty clouds of the world start fading… where cotton candy turns into mud and rose petals turn into thorns. Hahah, that’s abit too much… Today was my 1st day at work. I was late. And I blame my short legs. But anyways… there was this guy called Matt. He seems like the knows-all guy. Showed me around that little subway corner. Very interesting machines were invented i.e. tomato slicer, the dish washer, and coffee maker, onion and cheese slicer etc. that made life much easier. So basically I jz spent most of my time at the back… still a little ‘chicken-ed’ to step up front to roll up the subs. Its very complicated leh… no joke. There’s diff type of bread, cheese, meet, salad toppings, cookies, drinks… and the cash machine was so canggih also… I took so long to find the ‘meatball’ touch button. so today I jz washed all the bread trays, and the other food trays. Then I got to use those chun slicers and weighers to prep up the counter before the lunch rush. I met this girl called Katie who’s the vice supervisor (something like that) to this division and she introduced herself like this: “hi I’m Katie, (fills in title) of this sh*thole, nice to meet u and enjoy yourself =)” and I jz laughed… well, I’m not really interested in those work politics, but I think my colleagues are fun ppl. I met 4 girls and a guy in today’s shift. All of them are so different. I had an experience taking the rubbish to the basement with Katie. Was funny… its not easy trying to work out how the dump machine works. Can’t believe it when Katie said she’s been working here for almost a year n she has not done that b4. So we had a fun time figuring out the dump machine. Oh yeah, the nice part is that we get one free 6 inch sub if we’ve worked for 5 hours. So, when there weren’t any customers, I asked Miranda (ppl call her mimi) to teach me how to make a sub, and I’ll take that as my 1st free employer’s meal. I put in some extra beetroot =p mimi said I can put as much as I want in that sub. So yeah. My 1st day at work wasn’t as bad as I dreamt it wud b. the dumb part is… I didn’t ask them how much they’re paying me. As long as they don’t pay me any lesser than wat it shud b, I’m fine with it, cuz I get free subs! (start envying me, horny) |
Monday, August 28, 2006
Jez at work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Owh...
Little jezzy ain't little anymore..working and earning her own money! Haha.
=)
Keep it up! * hugs * .
PS: Hahaa..so that means I am getting gifts from you when you're back rite? Ngek ngek ngek ! ..
yer.... yer.... yer....
why... why... why...
how can!!!...
yer yer yer...
i wan..
hehe...
Good that u r enjoying urself. haha. Dont everywork urself tho. Well, if u get tired, just eat a sandwich, that always gets me going. haha
take care jez.
cya when u get back.
gebuu!
from:
Subway Fan-natic
me no horny but me envy u wor....me go u sub next time and u roll me a big big sub with extra of everything ok? ok!
::cryxtyn::
hahah, three yes-es to all 3 of the comments!
thx u guys!
Post a Comment