I dropped a cookie right in front of the store manager. And my frantic mind told my hands to pick it up and put it in the bin.
The store manager (Sarah): “try not to drop stuff my dear, it costs money. And don’t touch the food until u change ur gloves…. And do it fast, love”
My brain: “ooooh….crap”
Day 2 at work was a shock. Bigger shock compared to day 1. Sarah wasn’t in on mon, so I was trained by another person on day one. I did a lot of ‘inside’ work. Not the serving part. And on day 2, Sarah was disappointed I wasn’t taught the up-front work so she said “today u’re gonna b out there, serving serving serving. Is that clear little chook?”
She’s friendly. Very nice person. Has a bf and is a workaholic. Yet she speaks with authoritative voice most of the time with little ‘names’ here and there, referring the chooks to me.
So day 2, I served served and served. I think I gave the wrong thing to this old lady and the wrong salad sauce for another young man. But I shall keep that to myself… no point getting “that’s not right, young lady”, or “watch wat u’re doing, pumpkin”
I had to tip toe while serving and I had a work-shock during lunch rush. I burnt my hands a bit when toasting the bread and I miss-pressed the money register at point of sale. Oh ya, and I’m proud I did a very very good veggie patty sub-wrap today. My 1st time and it was perfect. My ‘bin friend’ Katie complimented me and that felt great.
Anywayz, my friend becka said the 1st week will b as tuff as hell, but after that I’ll b fine. Becka is a girl I met in class, and she’s working in another subway outlet. She’s also my ex-groupmate’s (the group that I was the only girl) cousin. Small small Adelaide.
After work I went for east-side cell (prayer meeting for the ‘east-side’ OCFers) then we had a short practice for a skit that we’ll b putting up on OCF this fri. I’m gonna b Becky. The girl who went to heaven and regretted she was a fat Christian cuz she has to see her non-Christian friend go down to you-know-where. We have a cool ‘Jesus’ scene, heheh…
Well, gotta finish up my assignment. Hv a great day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jezzz!!!
I think everyone messes up on their first week of month..Heck..I still mess up sometimes now...Hahaa..So dun worry..
Remember to get all the sandwitch-making skills from subway!!!!
i think i can make a sandwhich at super sonic speed now, ahahh!
Post a Comment