Sunday, October 01, 2006

fartastic

Every year, my family and I would celebrate mooncake festival, aka the lantern festival, aka bring-candles-to-mama’s house-and-burn-anything-burnable festival.

So this year, I’m no where near mama’s house, and also mama sold her house and moved in with my 4th uncle, so I’d have to make do with wat I hv here instead. So dai yee and uncle Jason invited uncle Michael and family over to celebrate this chinese event. Dai yee also made mooncakes!!! How cool is that!?! Though I don’t really fancy mooncakes, but since dai yee made them, and I saw how she made them, I’ve decided to like homemade mooncakes.

So yesterday nite, we were all in the backyard, setting up lanterns to create the aura. I started singing the ‘yuit guong guong’ song and got stuck half way cuz I dunno the lyrics. Then uncle mike sang the whole thing!!! Till the very end! I never got to do that ever since I learnt it from my grandad when I was 5. As we were listening to uncle Michael sing out the whole song, Jeremy suddenly said ‘ngo da pei hou chao’ (it means ‘my fart stinks’ in Cantonese) in the cutest aussie accent! Hahah… and when I was playing with fire with the three boys (Christopher, Joshua and Jeremy) Jeremy really farted and we laughed so hard. Good thing it didn’t cause the whole bondfire to explode. After that fart, we had the weirdest fart conversation. Uncle mike said if u wanna kill urself with ur own fart, u’ll have to be in an enclosed room (I didn’t catch the measurement of the room) and fart for 23 years consecutively to actually kill urself.
And did u know that NZ has problems with their sheep’s fart. Its polluting the air…
And also, there’s a chemical in farts that can be used as ignition material. Hahaha… uncle Michael said he cud save a lot if he gets to kumpul farts and replace it for fuel.
I also dunno if wat I said was true or not… but it was an interesting conversation with the adults and kids.

U know how ppl can burp the ABCs…? [Arthur burped ‘BEYOND’ so loudly it actually echoed…]
I wonder if anyone could fart the ABCs… that’ll b cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeooooowwwwwwww....!!!!!!!!!x(..dieded..