Hi convy committee 06,
Not sure if u guys remember me or not but I’m one of the 3 girls who had to rush to the train station to catch our flight on the last day of convention. This is just something that I wanna share with u cuz 3 of us really saw how God was with us the whole day (well, not saying that other times He’s not there la, but on that day it was super real).
When the transport guy asked who had to board the plane after 6pm I put my hands up and waited for instructions. I didn’t know that I might not be able to catch my 6.30pm flight if I took the coach. Then he said to go get our bags and be in front of the dinning hall in 15 minutes time. I choked in my lunch and made my newly met friends write down their contacts in sonic speed then sped off for my luggage.
30 minutes went past and the 3 of us waited outside with the flies and all. No sign of the guy who was supposed to send us to the city (the guy who wore the shirt that said “stroke my ego”). So Laza (OCF Unisa president) found lee yoong (convy camp comander) and the frantic transport guy then everyone concluded that we had to get on the train that goes to the city then find our way to the airport.
We threw our bags in the boot of Laza’s car, and he sped off to the station. I felt super dizzy and sick as I still could feel my choked-down-lunch starting to make its way upwards.
Not a good sign.
Road sign: 80km/h, Laza’s car speed meter: 120km/h and increasing.
Not a good sign either.
The winding roads made it worst and I could barely read the concerned SMSes from other OCFers who witnessed our “graceful” departure.
Soon the torture ended. “I need to puke”, I said to Esther as Laza and Li Wen got out of the car. I saw the car door, I pulled it. I saw the road. I puked on it. Esther freaked (as if the trauma wasn’t enough). Before I knew it, I saw Laza flying into the station with my luggage and Esther’s, followed by Li Wen and the very confused Esther. I followed. Before reaching this station, Laza said we were 2 minutes late so if the train is on time we won’t make it. And the train was exactly 2 minutes late. I ran towards the train, no time to say bye and thanks to Laza. The auto door closed right behind me. It was THAT close.
I think it took us about 2 hours to get to the city, and then with instructions, we got down at the last stop and stood there at the station starring at each other. That was a funny sight. Li Wen went to the info board, pointed at the info counter sign and the toilet sign. Good choice.
Soon, we made our way to the toilet, and the info counter, still not knowing if we can make it in time to the airport or not. At that moment, we spotted a camper! Willy from Indon (can’t remember which Uni). Apparently he left with Ganni and with 3 other unknown campers and that 3 spaces were supposed to be for us girls (I think). He then showed us where to get to the Sky bus, we bought our tickets AND!!!! The bus came at the very moment the ticket fell in my hands. If we didn’t bump into Willy, and if we took a little longer in the toilet, we definitely would have missed this bus.
We got off the bus and went to the check-in counter at the airport. The officials said we had to get our check-in slip from the machines before lining up at the counter. But we didn’t print out our flight details. But thank God after a few phone calls, we got our details, printed the slip and then!!! We saw 2 girls from camp! And guess what…. They took the coach from the campsite directly to the airport!!! That could be the three of us! Saving us a lot more money and also getting to fellowship with others in the bus without having to puke and rush!
But anyhow, I don’t know why at that point, I was not angry at all. In fact, I was glad and relieved. Not only because we made it to the airport on time, but we also saw the amazing hands of God allocating public transports at the right time. I was so proud that I got to land my bum on a car, a train, a bus and a plane seat in less than 4 hours time. It was amazing. And also at that time, I just recalled the prodigal son’s story part 2, that when we see others being blessed, we shouldn’t be jealous and get angry. Because we’re actually being blessed all along!
There were so many things I learnt from convention, but I don’t think I can put it in words. This is just a small testimony to share with u all, as God’s name deserves all the glory and praise!
Thanks once again for serving God and making convention 06 possible. And sorry u had to read this long message… I can’t tahan la… must tell u in details =p
In Christ,
Jezamine
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
letter to convention committee 06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment