Saturday, February 03, 2007

diamlah diri

Ajar ku berdiam
Sebab kasih Mu teramat dalam
Pisahkan ku daripada dunia bahaya
Peluklah ku dekat padaMu selamanya


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back and forth I’ve been tossed;
In the wave of demands, I was lost.
Knocked unconscious, tattered and bruised,
By awful temptations, shrewdly seduced.

My hands I reached out, high and above,
To be at least brushed by with love.
But distracted, as usual, by the furious wave,
Then my weak soul unwillingly caved.

Yet Your love was beyond what the naked eye can see,
How could this actually be?
You’re not beyond my reach, nor beyond my cries,
Your grace upon me never dies.

Then where are You when I’m pushed around?
Where can I find Your promised solid ground?
Incline your ear to my cry,
On green pastures I yearn to lie.

And in the midst of my frantic struggle,
Choking in doubts I try hard to wrestle,
You beckoned your face close to mine,
And whispered “everything is gonna be fine”

…“be still and know that my love for you is beyond
Everything that you can grasp upon”
…“be quiet and relax a bit,
Hold on to My Words, cling on to it”

I’m so grateful You came and taught me to shut up,
Or I could have been struggling till I give up.
Now I shall be still, and be quiet for awhile,
As You take me in Your hands to conquer another mile.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 84
1: How lovely is Your tabernacle
O Lord of hosts!
2: My soul longs, yes, even faints
For the courts of the Lord;
My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

11: For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory ;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.

No comments: