Friday, February 16, 2007

Malaysia-only

Diversity is something we, Malaysians are quite bangga of. And not forgetting the authenticity, and a little bit of kiasu-ism from our dear neighbour, the land where the lion has a tail and it spits.

Coming back for my holidays has been a definite joy ride. It went from “I can’t wait!” to “I’m finally home!” to “walau!!! Malaysia rox wey~” (sometimes in a very sarcastic tone, heehee)

There are a few things which I noticed lately… I think it was happening all along just that it just become very surreal to me. Ok, ladies and gentlemen… these are the things u’ll get, only in Malaysia~

~= middle aged Indian men having Chinese songs as their ringtones


~= a short cut road called “Jalan Jujur” [road of honesty]

~= the world’s smallest round about
[friend: dude.. I’ll show u the world’s smallest round about
me: ok! *peers out the car window*
friend: *pauses* oh wait… I think a car jz went over it
me: elh?!
Friend: ok! Now! There it is! *points at a small round bump on the road*]

~= double/ triple parking in front of JPJ office (the place where u pay ur road fines and taxes)

~= expensive cars parked at the illegal “corner” space in a departmental stall carpark where it can be easily scratched if some new drivers drive pass their cars in that extremely narrow lane…. Smartness… if they were that rich… they could afford the valet service, or at least have the decency to park in a proper boxed area.

~= conversations that go like this :
“eh, that day hor I was at XXX lrt station and I saw this feller dah fei gei …”
“wah… not pai she 1 meh?”

~= dry bak kut teh (BKT), that comes in more flavours!!! There’s chick kut teh, fish kut teh, mutton kut teh, beef kut teh, vege kut teh…. I prefer calling it bak kut zhap instead …(BKZ)

~= accidents happening cuz of a bridge that was built too low… where busses and trucks keep ramming into it

~= no kissing in the park. Or u’ll get fined.
So… now we gotta pay to kiss? Haihz… y prevent such a lovely activity when there’s so little love left in the world?

~= finally, people reading other people’s blog without leaving comments!!! Ahaha, nola… actually I jz found out that there ARE readers for this blog (jz when I was about to give up and not blog to myself again). Okla, and this point does not fit in this Malaysia-only category =p I jz wanna say hi to all my non-commenting friends, heehee…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kesian, ur goh goh(sebastian) site also got nobody leave comment. Let u know one thing la. Ur technorati ranking is 290,183 and sebastian's site only 400,000+. This is mean that u have more lot of readers. Cheer up

jezamine said...

wahaha, ok, i'll go visit my goh goh's site more often, heehee

gilliangel said...

Waah, cilipadi, I didnt realise you had a blog!=) And to know Im linked too!So priviledged!

See you back in good ol'Adelaide real soon.
*hugs*