Saturday, June 30, 2007

semi aussiefied

I’ve been in Australia for a year and a half now. I think I’ve learnt many aussie terms like “ta” for thanks and “paw paw” for papaya. But I still fail at being an individual who can tell other than I’ve been living in Adelaide for that long. U know why? Cuz…

I’ve not had farmer’s union iced coffee
I’ve not shopped in Myers or David Jones
I’ve not gone to Harbor Town
I’ve not gone to a real live footie game

But now, I’m almost there cuz I drank the ice coffee and almost fell asleep crossing the road. And I finally ventured to Harbor Town~ *beams proudly*

I went with the Lam(e) Brothers—James and Ming.

Hungry James

Ming’s BMW had a slight problem but he was smart, and saved it with the green tape! Of all colors… green…

We chomped down our baguettes and burgers then came hard-core shopping bonanza!!!

I had only one motive—to get myself a good pair of Mary Jane shoes . But I had a major size crisis… even size 5 was loose for me. Not the usual case if I was looking for sport shoes…

Walked into every shoe shop but none fit me. Even Ming the shopping sifu felt my frustration. Anyhow I ended up with this almost fitting Keds which I really like and its bright pink! Talk about lack of attention…

I was the one who wanted to shop but ended up with James buying most things. This reminds me of the times I’d spent with shua n horny in shopping complexes… minus the good fashion sense by the Lams. They wud block away “sale” signs and lead me to the direction of KFC. Hahha… every top I tried on wud b nice, and we got confused between a tube and a skirt. Those were the blur days… and btw… I still cant shop unless I’m with a qualified shopper.

Anyhoot, I ended up at Ming’s hse for dinner after that and watched a super old Stephen chow movie (Sixty Million Dollar Man- 1995) with huey chi, ming and his mom. I also got to play with James’ Lego Exo-force. So cool… got lights 1… and can shoot plastic bullets with a rubber tip from the right arm.

The bad guy is the big one and the small fart is the good guy who does not hv lights…

I had a good day out and that didn’t aussie-fy me totally but at least I got to go harbor town =)

3 comments:

Timo said...

Nooooooo..hehee..never never be fully aussie-fied! hehe..

Anonymous said...

why you looked so hot?

jezamine said...

tim> hahah, i wont =)

david> cuz i wore 4 layers of tops =p