Wednesday, September 19, 2007

cloud sambal

To all my friends back in msia reading this… I miss u guys HEAPS!!!

Knowing that I was a little homesick, my dear friend, Thambi Jin, joined forces with monsieur Erwin le chef, in project ‘authentic nasi lemak in UV apartment’.

I found myself entering a unit so thick with pungent curry smell that leaked its way even to the corridor. The chefs were busy with their skills on the stove, as mandy and I kept stealing fried ikan bilis and vege from the table. I was already smiling by then.

Before I knew it, I was sitting on the floor, cross-legged with my beautiful nasi lemak in front of me (also on the floor). There it lay on a piece of plastic (it was half of a plastic bag stolen from Coles, fresh fruits department) on a piece of free newspaper. The rice, nicely cupped into a round shape, ikan bilis, nuts, curry chicken, eggs, sotong sambal (I looooved it!), sliced cucumber, and a foreign dish (stick veggies). The only thing that didn’t work well was the teh tarik. We shud hv used cheaper tea instead of Earl Grey.

As much as good food turns Thambi on, the whole atmosphere almost brought me to tears as I sank my fingers into the “fat rice”. We sat together, about 7 of us, on the floor with the tv on and no one was really paying attention to it. Wahhhh, so nostalgic!!!


I went to BSF after that and my group leader said I smell like curry. I dunno if I offended anyone there but I dun care! I was on cloud 9. No, I was on cloud sambal!

10 comments:

Timo said...

Hee..hey dear! When you are back, we'll get the nasi lemak+telur goreng+sambal+ayam goreng and tambah "Si Ham" from the store near my house wan.. heee... :D

Muaks!

Anonymous said...

i also want nasi lemak bungkus for me...

HobbiT said...

*hugs*
miss you too, sweetie!
life just isn't the same without your bubblyness. =)

Shaun Tey said...

Wah...i've been living in Malaysia all my life and I haven't even experienced 'fat rice' the way u did there...so memalufying!

Seems like i've taken our national food for granted, from tomorrow onwards i'll start eating nasi lemak on the floor too while watching tele! hehe!

yes2leong said...

haha.... yea jezzzz..... faster come back... NASI KANDAR also waiting for u... lol.... yum yum... =p... come ipoh... will bring u everywhere... =p.. take care gal... miss u la...

Wei Jin said...

calcuttaaaa..buy my rice and curryyy....hahahhahah

Anonymous said...

I mish you too~!!!! T_T

come back quick k? *hugggsss n muaxxxxx* ;)

You guys should start ur own little catering business selling Malaysian food. hehehehe. ;p

jezamine said...

timo- yes dear, we'll do that again when i get back ;)

david- erm, u can hv them anytime la, its rather rare for me to get them here

qian- hehhe, we all miss u back here!

shaun- yes, shame on u! go bungkus nasi lemak and eat it on the floor (dun forget to get some friends to do it with u)

loooooong- i miss nasi kandar also!!! and the nasi pataya that i can never finish

jin- honestly, of u started a business, i'll b ur 1st customer. i'll help u with the wrapping, dun worry

heidi- i'll try to go back quick! hahaha, but i've to help my friend set up catering business 1st =p
muax!!!

Anonymous said...

Introduce Timo to me and ask him to 'bungkus' for me...i'm studying at Sunway only..duh...

Amkayell said...

WAHH Aku NAK!! :D So nice......... but my perut cannot tahan sambal now... SOBS!