It’s great to have friends all around
I shall dedicate this post to a very dear friend of mine who rocks—Mindy Oon.
6 of us packed our bags and left KL on a Monday afternoon, and took the 2 ½-hour bus ride to
. Esther and I talked our way there, and we all found ourselves in the little hot town-of-the-famous-foods.
Saw mindy, who didn’t change much since the last time I saw her, and met her friends who helped ferry us back to her house. Aunty was super hospitable from the moment we arrived. It was like that till we left. Man… Mindy’s mom is so cool…
And so, our eating plans started. We had jambu, keropok, authentic ipoh white coffee, super grand Chinese dinner at a Chinese restaurant, ipoh hor fun, rojak, popiah, lobak, ice kacang, sotong kangkung, ngau lam fun, curry noodles, tiramisu… we brought back seaweed biscuits, pineapple tarts, pomelos, and chicken biscuits! All complimentary from aunty mandy. Told u she’s so cool. Mindy’s parents r like the Tai Goh and the Tai Gah Cheh of
Apparently, all the ‘world famous’ shops weren’t open. So we had to settle for 2nd best. I didn’t think they were 2nd best. I liked what I ate, heheh… aunty said it was cuz they could smell Aussie air coming, so they close shops. So not true…
(Clockwise: Qian, Suling, Erwin, Adrian, Esther, Me, Mindy, Michelle)
It was great 3 days spent with these awesome ppl. Met another awesome girl called michelle who brought us around too. We also had fun playing with Mindy’s new game “Mad Gap”. I also got to meet up with Ashley!
Whom I’ve not seen in years! And having a saucy girl-talk till 4am with Suling, Esther and Mindy. Not forgetting playing with Samson in the morning. Heheh… he’s so cute. He fell in love with esther. Nothing else can pull him away from her. Oh ya, did I mention that he’s a dog? Hahah… his full name is Samson Oon Fui Kiu (fui kiu = fat dog in hokkien, or was it hakka?). He has a friendster page wey… don’t play play.
We also helped out in a Methodist church’s soup kitchen activity. I’ve never done this b4 and it was really new to me. We helped pack food and a bottle of water into a bag, take them to the market,
and distribute them to the homeless/ less fortunate. It broke my heart when I saw a family of 4 coming to us, when we only had 1 last pack left. These people need proper shelter, good hygiene and sanitary facilities, medical help, and love. I could see it in their eyes, that they wanted real love. And I know for sure that God loves them, just that they don’t know it as much as I do. I’m glad that the church is doing something for them. They started off with giving out 12 packs a week. Now they’re distributing more than 100 packs. Though it was drizzling when we were at the market, there was an eager line behind the van, hungrily waiting for their best meal of the week.
On Wednesday, we planned to go caving at Gua Tempurung b4 heading back to KL. I was super excited about it but decided to pull out cuz of my really really bad cough. I quarantined myself the night b4 cuz I was coughing badly in an air-conditioned room with 4 other girls. Getting them sick would be the last thing I wanna do. Those who went caving said it was awesome. Man… jealous-nya aku… oh well, the cave will always be there for me to discover another time.
So since I’m missing out on that, Mindy took ah bock and I to Kellie’s Castle, and to Kampar. That was a good replacement, heheh… we had fun climbing to the top of the castle and wandering in the ancient building.
Though I’ve been to

3 comments:
The...pet...turtle...in a bathtub?!?! hahahahhahaa. xD
Looks like you had a lot of fun. :)How was your Pangkor trip? I so wished I could go. :(
That's my hometown, girl... Why make me miss home so much?
Can't wait till you're back here in Ade though. give me a tinkle then. Love~
IPOH ROX!!!!!
Come la. Nxt round, white water rafting! hehehe...
Post a Comment