Friday, January 30, 2009

black swan o' black swan

The black swan represents this state that has almost 70% of its population voting for a ‘no’ on daylight saving—Western Australia.

I had a chance to visit this place for the third time in my life, and I’m glad I came back. Mainly it’s because I could hardly remember anything about this place (Cuz I was 2 and 8 the last times I came here), and also cuz the food here is so much more similar to home. Cantik~


This breath taking view could be seen from King’s Park, and the one at night is really nice too. Coming from Adelaide, I was like the ulu kampong girl: ‘waaaaaahhh… tall buildings…’.

I had a feel of their china town, with the one and only Chinese arch. Oh ya, I tried 2 bubble teas from 2 different shops, wasn’t bad, but I somehow still like the one in Adelaide.

Had a chance to walk around the ‘art gallery’ at night. The pictures were so cool…

Got to visit my Dai Bak (Big uncle) and wife. He took me to the place where I cried really badly when the swan almost ate my dad’s hand. ok... maybe it was just a peck... but still!!! It was M rated Horror for a 2-year-old! I can still remember trying to climb on any adult near me who’d have the heart to carry me up, away from the ferocious black feathery things which was almost my size then.
I also enjoyed my chao kuey teow, which tasted just like the one in taman midah, just without the si ham.
Speaking of food… Tim’s household had a huge BBQ party- the aussie style (apparently). So much food leftover! That’s me giving a go at flipping them snags.

And the housemates who insist that their pictures do not appear online (well u can’t really see them from here can u?) =p

We also had a few rounds of monopoly (Credit Card style). I’m gonna make a comeback next time round! Just u wait, Clayton!

We also had a Christmas party with a Chinese serenading Santa Clause…Who also played mah jong.

I also was asked on a date! oooOOoooOO~

Though the chairs at the Bell House was really low, I looooved the food there. I always thought fancy food always come in small portions on a huge plate to signify that it won’t taste as good as it looks. But I was wrong… Thanks Tim dear for the lovely evening~
I also got to go to Fremantle and I saw the brewers of Little Creatures, had their famous Fish n’ Chips, and I found this!


I also got to meet up with David Ow and have my fair share of real roti canai.

Also got to meet tekki (and girlfriend), who had to eat that whole bowl (literally a medium sized mixer bowl) of seafood.
Hmmm, we went to the beach too, but I just noticed that I didn’t take any pictures then. All in their camera…
While lilian and abishek were here in perth too, willy took all of us out to tour around the place. We had corica apple strudles! Yummy!!! (yes! No raisins!) Hahaha, I cant stop laughing when I see this picture. Hahah… willy got tricked into making a funny pose =p

Anyhoot, Tim and I had a chance to ferry all the way to Rottness Island! Wahhh, it was soooooo pretty! The beach was like… REAL! Hahaha, it had crystal clear water with tiny waves coming in constantly. And the sand was so fine it was like powder!



We also hired bicycles and did a small round on one side of the island. It was so hilly I was praying so hard I won’t get blown off by the wind when I flew downhill along the coast.
I went to so many beaches, watched Australia (and another show that was going on inside the cinema), shopped in Perth’s Harbour Town, had lemon lime bitters at 3pm with EeVon, took the ferry to South Perth, visited 2 churches, had good meals at Tim’s family friend’s place, went jogging in the morning and partly regretted doing so, met and even had lunch with an Australian policeman, walked around Carousel, drove Tim’s car for a bit, took the free bus around the city, rented DVDs, messed up Tim’s room, get stuck in a real jam, lived with 2 free-fluttering birds in the same house for 10 days.

Yup, I had fun ;)

then we flew to Melbourne on Christmas night for another exciting holiday~



1 comment:

Timo said...

Hehe..

I had fun too! :)