Thursday, September 01, 2005

kerana ku malaysia!!!

Every year on independence day, I would b sitting in front of the tv with breakfast dripping down my chin, as I gaze lazily at the ant-like formations by patriotic ppl with the jalur gemilang hung all over the place. But not this year. I spent the independence morning with my law text book, frivolously memorizing the steps on how the magistrate courts put bad ppl into the rite superior courts to b trialed. Sad rite? So much for being independent. The annual tradition was stripped away by the heavy burden of passing a law test. It was the only time in the year for me to hv the perfect reason to b lazy – “mom, I’m not lazing around, I’m celebrating national day by being happy for the ppl who worked so hard to make up that performance. If no one watches this, it’ll b a waste of our scarce resources!” will be my response when my mom starts saying I’m being a bum. anywayz, I’m glad I at least get to sit quietly in my room with no missiles launched a few miles away, and my house would not b torn apart without warning, no dead bodies lying on the roadside as military troops in tanks search the place for survivors. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, MALAYSIA!!!! Man… u’re getting old.

No comments: