Lets pause for a moment of silence for my pc, which went thru trials and tribulations, thru thick n thin, thru the good n bad times with me, etc etc. as u shut up in condolence for my com, lemme retell the story of the downfall of my com.. it started off a few weeks ago when the Microsoft office went nuts. Everytime I clicked on the m.words, my com will auto restart, causing me to not save the important stuff I was doing halfway. Liz will know how tedious work became to me as our lecturers began to warn us on late submitted work. I had to re-do some essays, crack up some new ideas on my legal assignment n re-do the youth schedule. Thx liz for helping me print those stuff, n thx horny for ur laptop. Soon, the term break came n I tot it would b a good time to give my com a little break, but then I overestimated its capability in retaliating from that weird sickness, n continued using it when I brought it home.
On wed*** as shua tried to send photos to my com from his hp, the blue screen of doom came for the 1st time. “oh cool, it now shuts down my com instead of restarting it, so if I wanna turn off my pc, I jz double click Microsoft words” I happily commented. Soon I knew, it was the worst sign any computer can take. Everyone’s reply was “hor~~~ gotta format d…” when I told them about my com’s condition. Took it to justine’s hse last fri nite. Goh goh(Sebastian), our family’s computer doctor was available then. He was on high demand as clemence’s com needed some help too. Goh goh showed me the ‘I’m-sorry-i-cant-save-ur-beloved’ look b4 he did whatever he had to do to make my com work again.
Things weren’t so bad with my cousins around to cheer me up. Mandy was ever ready with her lame IQ questions, Theresa comforted me by relating her reformatting story, Justine supported me by offering her peak online time to get my com fixed, ah boy (clemence) gave me chocolates, n my sis did good in keeping quiet. All my pictures… assignments, collections, all gone. Looking at the screen showing 25%, 27%, 30%... was painful for me n boring for the rest so we all watched house of fury in the hall. That surely did make me smile, no…, laugh.
Finally, it was done, my entire C drive gone. Leaving me with only vague memories of my work, n most importantly, my pictures that I took. Those pix from mabul-sipadan with brats, smktd pix, family pix during CNYs n new years, pix from church, prom, college wacky moments, pix for self-admiration…. Feeling so sad rite now… haih…now I seriously know how horny felt when he lost his hp with pix inside.
Well, all I can do now is to b ever ready with my digi cam n start taking nicer pix, as I anticipate greater times to come. And also to b smarter in managing my stuff in my com, so that none of this catastrophe can happen again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yes... it was really a tedious work for tat darn microsoft word...
imagine havin 2 right-click it and print it... *sigh* next time maybe you can save yor pics in a CD or sumthing... u thought me 2 do back-ups for important docs like asgmt etc...
Post a Comment