Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thank you Lord for my mommy

Thank you Lord for mommy’s eyes
That sees beyond the line.
Eyes that are able to catch me by surprise,
And spots what I was intending to find.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s nose
That swells up red when she sneezes,
And when it starts running like a hose
I’ll get her some tissues—two pieces.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s mouth,
Which taught me how to speak.
And smiles at me whenever I pout,
That makes me feel soft and meek.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s shoulders,
That my head rested upon when I was a baby.
It’s so strong that it can hold boulders
Yet still makes her a beautiful lady.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s hands,
That caught me when I fell.
Though I’m now in a far away land,
I can still feel her supporting spell.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s legs,
That walked with me to the dentist’s room.
No matter how life gives me the kicks,
Those legs guide me out of doom.

Thank you Lord for mommy’s heart,
That beats to see her baby again.
Which will somehow be torn apart
If she sees her daughter be in pain.

Most of the time I’ll try not to cry,
Not because I’m no longer a kid.
But ‘cuz I know that before every tear of mine runs dry,
My mom sheds twice as much tears as I did.

-Jezamine Chan-
To her mom (who else?!)
[2006]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

jez i'm gonna start crying... it's such a touching poem for your mom. make sure she reads it!

you're really gifted girl... miss ya...

aunty, you've an awesome daughter!!!

jezamine said...

hahah, dun think she'll read it anytime sooner... i think i wrote her one last year... so unless she starts to bugger up n get her computer skills brushed up, she wont get to read wat her daughter has to say~
i must admite i was kinda 'emo' this morning... thats y i came up with this poem... i miss my mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

sweeeeeet....u got skillz man...

muaks

I am Marcuz said...

erm... want me to teach her? hehe... i feel like teaching her to read ur poem now... yes no?

good poem... i cant never write smt like that... haha...

oh man, u really miss ur mom huh?

u will get to c her soon... hehe...

take care

JosH said...

Wow!!!!Nice poem!!!Hope she gets to see your poem!


Maybe you should email it to her or something like that. She will sure be proud to have a great daughter like you!!!

jezamine said...

email her?
i check her mails for her n send it to my dad so he can print it out for her....