Monday, July 31, 2006

new semester report

New semester just started. Back to the routined lifestyle and living with the absence of being bored. What I did during my holidays are now blissful events, and what I’m gonna do this semester is what matters.

4 subjects:

Media Literacy- study about the media and how communication is done thru the media. Mostly I’ll be studying about television and the essence of what the tv imparts and convey to the mass viewers. I got my previous PR and ICCS tutor last semester for this subject (sulay), the Jamaican dude from Sierra Leone. My friends said this subject is fairly easy, hehe, so its not too bad.

Document Design and Publications- learn about theoretical issues on publishing either print or online documents. Like readers read from top left to bottom right… color, space, weight balance…. Kinda interesting. My 1st assignment is to make a weblog! Haha, I feel a little vulnerable cuz its like asking us to do a serious work in a non-serious way… dunno how to present this… but I’m having fun! Hehe

Media and Screen Cultures- study those technical stuff that makes the film interesting by looking at how the plot is set up to make the viewers stay for the whole show, which angle signifies what, the color, anti-clichéd schemes… I love this subject. Its like looking at movies and tv series from a director’s chair. We get to analyse different movies each week. Last week was on American Beauty and this week is North by Northwest.we even get to study tv series like Buffy and Veronica Mars. Its just that the assignments are a little freaky… but I’m ready to take up this challenge!

State, Power and Society- the title says it all. Study about state, power and society. Sounds boring rite? Well, that’s because IT IS boring. It’s like we learn about the significants of borders, citizenship, human rite and more politics… and I got a boring tutor for this. Boring teacher + boring subject = boring teaject or boring subcher. The word boring still stays.

Anyhoot, 3 good ones against one bad one… I’m being optimistic about this sem. I just want it to pass faster so I can go back to do all the things I got in the list!

6 comments:

I am Marcuz said...

haha, ur subs looks nice...

err... exams coming err... stress...

im starting my intensive studying schedule now. haha. i learned from my mistakes. I wont completely isolate myself this time, but enough for me to focus... hehe...

hava nice sem!!!

ps: i think i like the one about borders n citizens.. haha... gosh!

I am Marcuz said...

i just realised! Gosh... is Josh... with a G!!!

haha... just like in FRIENDS.. i remember this line...

phoebe:"oh, i just realised, joker... is poker... with a J... ahh... coinsidence..."
Chandler:"uh ha, n coinsidence is Joe-insidence... with a J!! ahhh...."

man in doomed for this exam...

Anonymous said...

wow! your subs are... *silence*

if you would to ask me, i gotta agree that State, Power and Society is a pretty mundane sub... >_< you can't choose your subs? i thought they got electives!

jezamine said...

i hv one elective which is next year... i'm thinking of doing drama for that. or maybe light, sound and space...

the state power n soc is a core subject which most B.Arts students must take.

sad sad case...

jezamine said...

and horny...
i think u like the politic thing cuz u're a boring person. hahah... joking

and i didnt catch the FRIENDS part. i shall go watch more rite now, heehee...

btw, happy birthday again!!!!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Fioricet and addiction interior designer jewell manor Mitsubishi parts discount record vga to hard drive Atlantis badda bingo