I had to cross this road and this boy was on the other side of the road. So as I was crossing, this boy suddenly dashed in front of me, to get to the lane I was walking on. I was like… what the..?
So, anyways, I continued humming my song once I successfully crossed the road. I continued walking when ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!
THIS SMALL BLACK OBJECT WAS COMING TOWARDS ME IN HIGH SPEED (at eye level). (notice the capital letters… it means I’m actually screaming if I were telling u this, in person).
It was a little black bird with a stroke of white feathers under its wings. I had no idea why it was flying so low, and why it was flying towards a moving human being. Just before that creature could hit me on my face, I managed to duck down to let it fly just inches away from my head. (it reminded me of my Frisbee experience in Inti when I almost got killed by a flying plate in the dark, but thanks to my not-too-slow reactions, I’m still alive and typing this out)
My heart began to beat a few thousand times faster than the usual, and I began to walk faster, forgetting about the song. “so this was why the boy dash in front of me… he was the bird’s (unsuccessful) victim…”
I turned back to check if I’m clear from 2nd strike or not. And I saw this same bird perched on a fence, killing me with its violent stare. My pace tried to race up with my heartbeat.
The image of that flash is still so vivid in my mind right now. Ok, I’ll draw it out…The stare was as sharp as its beak, which was pointed right at me. The aerodynamic shape of that bird made that image look like a round ball with a shiny point in the middle and two black dots above that shiny point.
AND THEN THAT THING STARTED TO CHARGE DIRECTLY AT ME AGAIN!!!!
The 1st thing that was in my mind: “did I leave any leftovers from my sandwich that I had for lunch in my hair or something?!?!?”
I plunged again to avoid the mad thing and did not dare look back at the charging bird. I walked quickly back home, traumatised by this attack.
I’m really freaked out right now… why do aussie birds do dumb things like attack humans, or fly low so that they get hit by busses?!?! Mandy said she was attacked by birds TWICE when she was doing her delivery job. But the birds that attacked her were magpies… apparently they do attack humans during spring/summer, don’t know the reason. But for my case… it wasn’t a magpie… it was a smaller bird… Could be a magpie-wannabe…
Anyways, so far I’ve not heard of any news about civilians dying after attacked by a bird. But I’ve seen shows that the birds attack ppl… its called:

2 comments:
My cousin sister who studied in Australia told me this kind of stuff is quite usual. So Jez, don't be shocked. That Magpie-wannabe (a smaller bird) attacking a small hobbit ( jezamine) why don't you just give that bird a fight? You could have won the battle, u know? Well anyways i'm glad ur safe and sound..
I just want to take this opportunity to use Jezamine's blog to promote and spread k -pop...
please show some love and support for Se7en's latest album release on the 1st of November...it is called Se7olution....the first single will be 'LA LA LA' which is a beautiful balled which actually proves how strong Se7en's vocal is.
Post a Comment