When your heart and your head is not in sync,
The feeling is just not fantastic.
“Am I just being paranoid?!” you might think,
Or I might just be falling sick.
Answers to questions I might seek,
Often ignoring replies I don’t like.
Yet the past shows I’ll be left amenable and meek,
After every exciting journey and hike.
Just like the little mustard seed, I reckon,
How it made its way to the curry pot.
No matter how vigorously it beckons,
It will still be cooked together with the lot.
If the risk, in the 1st place, was not taken,
I’d still be tiny and minute, like a dot.
If my thoughts, in the 2nd place, was not shaken,
I’d be no better than a particle, born to rot.
I’m glad I have the chance to choose,
To be given this thing called free will.
But I think too much choice causes me to go loose,
As making the right decision takes more than just good skill.
All I can ask for right now
Is a little light to shine on the right way.
Don’t know when, don’t know how,
Just so I can last another day.
The head gently whispers one thing,
The heart tenderly murmurs another.
How can I not be painfully deciding?
When wrong choices would leave me to falter.
I might as well give up right now,
Throw in the towel and leave the arena.
Since the ending is already decided somehow,
And I’ve no control over the agenda.
Enough of these game, enough!
I’m tired of uncertainties and doubts,
Am not always strong and tough,
If I constantly have to defy and flout.
Just a small light please,
A tiny one will do.
I promise my complaints will cease,
And my grumbles will, too.

2 comments:
Stay strong dear!
Life is not all about making the right choices..though its good to make a few sometimes.. :)
There will be bumps here and there..
It's about the lessons we learn along the way.. =)
You are strong enough! I know so!
i'm feeling the same way and maybe i should jz pray to God for guidance. You too, Jez!
Post a Comment