Sunday, September 18, 2005

big big girl

Staying back in campus makes me feel like a grown girl…heehee, dunno y. well, maybe it’s like I get to do wat I wanna do without the nagging of 2 control freaks, aka parents, asking me to stay home n study… hahah, nola, they’re not that bad, jz that I’m a little restricted with certain things back at home. But over here, I’m freeeeee. Anyhow, I said I feel like a grown girl cuz I know how to control myself d. kinda…. I look at things comparing it with opportunity costs. In econs terms opportunity cost is the best alternative given up by a decision to do something else. Eg: The YMCA(yam cha) chances when ppl invite me to go, I place it next to the only time I hv left for sleep. Then I compare. Sleep has more value, so then my opportunity cost will b fellowshipping with me friends. Get? And so, must say, I’ve given up thousands of opportunities, n yet hv gained something more valuable.
Last evening after class, I went for my 2nd time to chempaka’s pasar malam with iris n lovena. It was quite fun. It’s always fun being with them. Lovena’s friend sent us there, and we ate sooo much! Soya bean, uncle bob’s chicken, satay, the ‘lok lok’-food u dip in hot boiling soup then u eat with sweet sauce, limau ais, chou kuey teow, chhese cake, tau fu fah… came back around 7.30pm n I felt so sleepy, so I slept till I was waken up by horny’s call for dinner. Though I din feel like eatin(after eating so much in pm) I jz went anyway cuz if I continued sleeping I would’ve waken up the next morning. Met horny, Johnny, joven, johnnathan, hin long etc in the basketball court. Sat there n watched some really cool games of bball. I always get really fascinated with the agility in guys who play bball. So yau ying…. Other than watching n waiting, I played with iris’ game boy advance (sponge bob square pants) n I was gggggoooooooddddd~~ hahah. I also played with my oil-blotter taking it as a Frisbee, tossing it back n forth with horny (like flying cards but with really accurate aiming), n I think we’re getting better, hehehe. Well, I sat on the bball court steps till I dunno wat time, accompanied horny for his dinner, had a nice chat then went back to sleep.
Next morning, got up reeaaaal early to jog! Yeap, no kidding. Horny n I jogged around melati for 2 rounds I think, then had the worst roti canai ever in bistro palma. The jog was refreshing. Haha, the opportunities of studying in an ulu place away from the smoke n congestion. Anyhow, with my low stamina, horny had to walk with me instead of jog after a while hahah… went back to hostel, bathe, slept, then did my work.
At noon, hin long took horny, Rebecca(ex roomie) n I out for lunch. Good thing nasi kandar shop was not open (I dun quite like the food there). So we ate in chempaka, then Amanda(cousin in aussie) called me! Though we cud communicate thru the net but hearing her voice n dai yee’s voice makes me even more excited on going there.
Came back hostel, did my work, slept sumore, n had dinner. I wasn’t feeling so good then but horny treated me with a lot of energy bars n a movie over dinner. I felt a lot better then. Hahah. We watched ‘serving sara’ with his laptop in block E with CTS. Then we played some all-time-fav battle ship game! Those were the days when I was young, blasting battle ships on my video game…
N so, see how much I’ve grown?! Hahah, big girls nid to have some fun sometimes, so screw the idea of being dead serious with all the major decisions n stuff (there r times for those), but for now, just relax n enjoy the existence of life n friends that came with it! Peace out

3 comments:

I am Marcuz said...

haha...it was really a fun filled day... hehe... actually i cant ply that well in bball adi.. but coz got girl watching a lil more semangat only...haha...

dunno wut the ppl around us were thinking seeing us Fing the thing here n there...

the jog was really nice...cool air... hot dogs walking on roads... tasteless roti canai... its all GOOD...

the movie was nice to..haha...glad u enjoyed it...

well... big big big girl adi... faham-faham lah...

take care!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

uwaah..i wish i was there to experience it all with you~~~

Here at cyber it's just sleep,eat,assignments,class...so boring...bleh...

Occasionally got lar, the gila gila moments wif my friends but now end of 1st sem everyone so pressured and stress that any free time is used to catch up on much needed sleep and to do assignments..gahh..i haven't sleep before 12midnight in a long long time..usual sleeping time is around 3am if got nothing much to do..bah..

Me grown up too! Me grown up too!! ok ok..not really...just more independent since I started staying in Hostel..haha..i can wash me own clothes now..heh..what an achievement! :P

It's great that you're enjoying yourself..tk care! muaxx..

Anonymous said...

hehe............. looks like you had a lot of fun eh? how was the concert you went yesterday? looks like i missed a lot....

nvm...... this week staying... ^^