Tuesday, September 27, 2005

living young

LIVE YOUNG CAMP—a weird name for a camp, but I joined it anyways. It was a camp organized by music club, peer interact something something club, n mind games club. It started off when horny n I was late for the opening. Was so relieved that we were in the same group. We wore the camp shirt on n sat obediently with the rest of the campers. It was in the sports hall, with about 50+ coll ppl there. I must say, I practically din know anyone else there, except for horny n zena from Frisbee club. Was a little worried that it’ll b a boring camp, but things started to go on pretty cool. The mc was sooooo funny, but no one seemed to b laughing at his jokes except for members of the lamerism club(me n horny). We had a counsellor from inti who spoke about pressure n stuff (weird start la) then we played some lame clapping games, got to know some new ppl in the temporary groups, learnt the cha-cha, went into groups by feeling around blind folded, then walked around inti in our groups, with a string as the connection to the other members tied to the fore finger, blindfolded, n forbidden to say a word through out the whole thing. Was so cool. Went back the sports hall with two blue fore fingers, n designed our group’s flag. {Synergy…. Synchronized energy} nice name eh?
Our cheer was even better! Our facilitator, jia ying, appointed me to b group leader, n the rest of the team insisted also, so I had no choice. I must say, our team was very chun, nicely distributed. So anywayz, we slept in sports hall, n I got up to the song “lets get it started ha! Lets get it started in here!” n they put the a/c to full blast!
With my teeth jittering n trying hard not to die on the 1st day of camp, I managed to pull myself together to have another awesome day. We had b-fast at bistro palma (yes, the one with the worst roti canai…) left inti at about… I dunno wat time (I always dun care much about the time n date during camps =þ) reached pd n we went straight to the tiny hall. Good thing it was air conditioned. Dr. Sia came to talk about enjoying coll life, n living it to the fullest. I was really motivated by it, as I too am like her, a B student, being looked down by some ppl, but I’m never gonna give up on living my life to the max. Had lunch, some group activities, and then we walked to the beach in the evening. And then- the REAL fun started. The team working games were sooooo torturous, so tiring, so muscle straining, but it was super fun! I’ve never been running that crazily in a long time. The beach was filled with fine sand n our face was hit with warm breezy wind from the sea. Yes, no kidding, I was in pd. It wasn’t the dirty n smelly beach u’re imagining.
Back in the apartment, we cleaned ourselves n had dinner. Then back to the tiny hall. More group activities, n more laughing. The mc, gilbert, was so darn funny. Plus the combo from the advisor, Andrew, wah! Can’t describe how much I laughed that nite. Later we were allowed to hv our own free time (fyi, it was about 12 plus then) so horny n I joined a group who wanted to go rebellious for food. We walked out, same rout to the beach. But this time we went further. We went into the nearest hotel, to ask them where to find food, it was of no use. So we ended up not eating, kicking back on the beach. It was so nice, the breeze, the cold sand, the dark sky, n sounds of waves…. Wah… wat an experience. I actually managed to encounter my fear of lightning that nite. I dunno y but the sky would constantly go really bright cuz of lightning, but no thunder, n no rain. So I sat there, n starred rite at the lightning for a few scary times, n then I got used to it! Woohooo! I’m cured from Astraphobia! Went back to room at about 4, n had to wake up at 7…
We did a pretty cool aerobic dance with the cha-cha steps we learnt b4. We packed after that, went back to the hall, n presented our group’s talent thingy. It was pretty good. The title was “life is ….” N we started of with “life is…dot dot dot dot DOTA!!!” but the end, our title was “life is ….what u make of it”. U wont get it unless u watch us act. Soon, we left the place, went to teluk something something for a group photo session, n then departed pd, back to inti.
Well, the purpose apparently was to make us live young, but then I felt a little older n mature in thinking. Hahah, their aim ‘fei gei’ d. I got to make a lot of new friends, learn more bout myself, hv a great break away from my course work, n spent some valuable time with my boobie. So who cares about the name of the camp? I benefited so much from it, that money cant buy! (I’m not gonna blog about the price of the camp, cuz I know horny will surely emphasize on it, hahaha)

3 comments:

I am Marcuz said...

haha...u noe me well... i really blogged bout the price...hehe...

im very glad u decided to go 2 the camp... imagine if u didnt go... then i wont go... then u will still be scared of lightning...hehe..

u were a great leader in camp...this is ur subordinate typing...hehe...i knew u can do it...

hey hey... u didnt tell the readers ur the BEST FEMALE in camp...haha...yes... my boobie is the Best Female in camp...woohooo...so happy...

man...i got so many things i wanna say...hehe

thank u 4 going 4 the camp... Live Young always...

God Bless!!!

jezamine said...

hahaha, oh ya, i won best female participant in live young camp! living young comes naturally to me, hahah. but seriously i din c that coming lo. all i know is that i had alot of fun. btw, i tried to upload those pix we took in camp but it failed, dunno y. so for more info n pix, check out marcuzthinks.blogspot.com
if u c pix up in my blog means i managed to upload it la, hahah. will try again later

Anonymous said...

ya......... i was wonderin where's the pics tat you might upload... heard it was a fun camp.... laught real hard at the 'dot dot dot dot dot......DOTA' title.... i could imagine poh sun's reaction towards tat.... ^^

glad tat u all enjoyed yorself. oh ya! congrats on being d best female participant! u deserve it! ^^