I was sitting there, lifeless. The repetition of “ding* enam kosong dua empat, kaunter lapan belas” (with other numbers, so on, so fourth) was ringing in my head. My eyelids heavy, butt glued to the chair, body slanting sideways towards my sister. Parents complaining over the system. The guy behind me cursing Manchester, kids in front were testing my patience by making funny noises. It wasn’t a pretty site…
I had to get out of this country. So were the people there who had the energy to sit straight in a place like that, at 7.55am.
I know, I know… everyone can do that ma… but not me. I’ve been having a good break since I finished SAM, n I’m not used to getting up at 6am jz to get to this horrible place to sign something then go home.
Well, I’m talking about the immigration department in damansara. Had to renew my expired passport, so did my mom n sis. Dad had to come along cuz he knew the procedures n he needed to sign Charmaine’s form.
As I was saying, I sat there motionless waiting for the lady to *ding my number, then some complications occurred. They stamped something wrong on my mom’s receipt, so she had to go to another counter, but they only told us when the other counter’s number was really far away ahead… so dad got mad- not good. The lady at the counter wasn’t kind-not good, she scolded them for not reading the receipt carefully. Mom was blur, sis was oblivious, I was still sitting there, hoping that they won’t start up a fight over there. Everyone who sat there had their eyes glued on us. I went towards the counter to feel the heat. With her heavy Malay slang, she raised her voice, waving the receipt in her hand, and her second chin almost slipped out from her tudung.
Clearly it was everyone’s fault for being so careless, but they shouldn’t make a scene out of it! I felt so humiliated. Good thing I wore my black shirt, n not paint myself in any given bright color… “wee wang wang, u can’t see me…”
Anywayz, I’m glad it’s all over, n I can now get out of this country legally. I think we shud hv more manners in our daily lives. Mind your Ps n Qs. Even the prime minister is getting down on his knees to beg everyone to behave. Maybe this is jz a Malaysian culture. When something goes wrong, u point ur finger at anyone but urself, then make some huge exclamation marks then leave with ur nose held high, as if u saved the day. I’m not gonna bring that attitude with me to Australia. I wont know wat their culture is, but I hope its not like this.
To end, I better make things clear. I’m not saying that I’m all courteous n charming, n I dun mean to pin point on anyone, its jz something to ponder upon. Maybe I shud start saying my thank you’s n my good day’s…
So, thank you for reading, and have a nice day! *wide smile with white clean teeth, heehee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
haha, hey kitz! n thx horny
it's just the malaysian culture to point fingers and sometimes we just have to bear with it, or not. finally you'll be able to leave legally!
news has it that it's gonna be harder for malaysian to leave to aust if you don't get your immigration stuffs done by this march... glad you did it soon... oh well... life's life...
muakz...
Post a Comment